Season 1 Episode 1
Welcome To "The World"
That was a disaster. You'd better be careful.
2. Ima no (now's) zaawaaru (the world; the way Japanese pronounce the English words "the world") da no yo PK ga ooi (many) da (is/am).
Right now there are many PKs in the world.
*You must have "ga" before "ooi" to say there are many. This is a grammar rule.*
*"Da" is very informal so it should only be used with friends and family, so "desu" should be used instead, since it is more formal.*
4. Pureeya kiraa (Japanese pronunciation of the English words).
5. Pureeya o kariko (beater on a hunt) igai (remains/corpse).
They hunt and kill other players.
6. Saki (earlier/prior) no yatsu (guys) da mitai (it seems) na?
Like those guys before?
*"Yatsu" is very very informal and rude. People say this to guys they want to fight with, so instead of "yatsu", use "otoko-tachi ("tachi" makes a word plural)" (guys), karera (guys), or "hito-tachi" (people).*
*It is better to say, "watashi (I) wa Oovan desu (am/is)" or "ore (I) wa Oovaan desu".*
*"Ore" is only said by guys, not women."*
10. Ooh, ore wa Haseo.
*It is better to say, "ore wa Haseo desu."*
11. Tasukete kurete arigatou.
Thanks for saving me.
12. Tsuyoku (strong) nai (are not).
This actually says, "You are not strong", but subtitles are not always exact.
13. Kono (this) geemu (game) wa shoshinsha (beginner) yurushigatai (intolerable) koto nari sugite (it becomes too much).
The threshold in this game has become too high for beginners.
14. Saki no yobi (call), iya na (unpleasant) omoi (feelings/thoughts/emotions) o suru koto mo aru (there are for non-living things) da na.
There will be unpleasant moments like you had back there.
16. Soredemo (nevertheless/even so) koko (here), zaawaaru dono (which) shika (only) nain de no mo wa ("wa" at the end of sentences is like an exclamation point).
There are also things that exist nowhere else but in the world.
*"Shika" goes with negative sentences, but "dake" goes with positive sentences.*
17. Kimi ni o shishitsu (qualities/talents) ga aru (there is/there are/have).
You have a gift.
19. Kimi dake (only) ga motte iru (have). Tokubetsu na (special) mono (thing) da (is/am).
Something special that only you possess.
*You should use "desu" instead of "da". "Da" is too informal, so you should only use it with close friends and family.*
I don't understand.
*Many Japanese make negative sentences with "ne" instead of "nai", but this is very informal so you should only use it with close friends and family. So, instead of "wakane", you should use "wakarimasen".*
21. Itsuka (one day) wakaru (to understand/verb) dekiru (be able to) kuru (come) ze (said by guys. It is like an exclamation point).
You'll understand one day.
22. Chikaiuchini (before long) mata (again) ao (let's meet).
Let's meet again sometime.
*"o" is added to Japanese verbs to say "lets ...", but this is informal so you should use it for close friends and family. So it is better to say, "aimashou".*
24. Datte (also) to, ui shou (soar/glide).
Well, I'm off.
Watch the video again and again until you can hear the words being spoken, and repeat the whole sentence each time. Keep practicing until you have memorized all of the sentences by heart.
Check out the anime, manga, and Japanese fashion merchandise in the pictures below in our Ebay store by clicking here
Japanese Language Learning Books 📖
Post a Comment